REINFORCE-ing citizen science in large research infrastructures - Delivery of a policy roadmap
Watch here our last Conference
A key element of the REINFORCE project has been the development of a policy roadmap to support the take-up and integration of citizen-science projects in large research infrastructures. This online, open-classroom conference, which takes place as REINFORCE enters its final phase, will deliver this roadmap, look at the lessons learnt and provide key recommendations. A round-table, involving members of the project team with expertise in different areas (including research, policy, engagement and evaluation) will discuss relevant questions and highlight the role of important factors in the successful implementation of citizen-science projects in a scientific-research environment. The project feasibility and sustainability plan will also be presented, placing the project resources in the context of their exploitation in the longer-term.
- 15:00 - 15:10 Introduction & Project Overview - [Gary Hemming, European Gravitational Observatory & REINFORCE Technical Manager]
- 15:10 - 15:25 Roadmap Presentation - [Francesco Mureddu, Senior Director at The Lisbon Council]
- 15:25 - 16:10 Lessons Learned RoundTable - Gary Hemming (moderating)
- Emmanuel Chaniotakis - Researcher at R&D Department of Ellinogermaniki Agogi
- Massimiliano Razzano - Associate Professor at Physics Department of University of Pisa
- Beatriz Garcia - Scientific Researcher & Astrophysics at CONICET
- Elisabeth Unterfrauner - Head of Unit Technology & Knowledge at ZSI
- 16:10 - 16:30 Conclusions & Sustainability Plan - [Stavros Katsanevas, EGO Director]
- How to design a successful citizen-science project in a LRI (Large Research Infrastructures).
- How to build a diverse community of participants.
- How to evaluate the success and overall engagement of a project.
- What comes after REINFORCE?