2nd Workshop on Astronomy Beyond the Common Senses for Accessibility and Inclusion – REPORT
The 2nd Workshop on Astronomy Beyond the Common Senses for Accessibility and Inclusion took place last November 17-18, 2021, in virtual modality. It was an interdisciplinary meeting with participation from astronomers, educators, disability specialists, students, and science communicators, providing a new opportunity to share strategies and experiences, work toward specific objectives, discuss recent applications, and participate in initiatives that were developed for audiences with disabilities. The program comprised conferences: 20 oral contributions and 4 invited talks by: Stavros Katsanevas (European Gravitational Observatory), Gary Foran (Swinburne University of
Technology), María del Carmen Argudo Fernández (Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso) and Dayna Thompson (Charles W. Brown Planetarium – Ball State University).
All contributions will be part of the conference proceedings to be published in the Revista Mexicana de Astronomía y Astrofísica – Serie de Conferencias.
Scientific Organizing Committee
- Santiago Vargas Domínguez (Chair) – Universidad Nacional de Colombia (Colombia)
- Beatriz García–ITeDA, CNEA-CONICET-UNSAM. (Argentina)
- Angela Pérez – Planetario de Medellín (Colombia)
- Nicolás Vásquez – Escuela Politécnica Nacional (Ecuador)
- Sonia Duffau – Assoc. Universities Inc., Nati. Radio AstronomyObservatory (Chile)
- Gary Hemming – European Gravitational Observatory (EGO) REINFORCE
- Art and Astronomy
54 different countries.
Youtube visualizations (countries with the highest number of views)
50 Estados Unidos
Nov. 18th: 221
The final video of the workshop can be found at the YouTube channel: Second Workshop on Astronomy Beyond the Common Senses for Accessibility and Inclusion - YouTube
For more details and accessing the Posters Exhibition, please visit the website: https://tiny.cc/2wai